07/02/1848 - Party Invitations & Summer Hay

July 2, 1848

Dear Reader,  
I have no time to write this week- the hay must be turned again. We have had heavy rain for days. If we can't get the hay dried, it will rot in the field. If we put it wet in the barn, it will build up heat and in time turn to flame to burn the barn to the ground. If it doesn't burn the barn, it can cause mold. We could kill the whole herd if we fed it over the winter. 

So father and I are not getting much rest. Mother is out in the fields as well with rake in hand. She is such a strong woman. Never complaining.



So instead of writing further, I will instead show you some other party invitations I've held for the past few years. Such wonderful music - such pretty girls! I know I will meet my future wife at one of these socials in the future!!



Your Faithful Correspondent, 


Chauncey

No comments: