How We'll Proceed


Welcome to the history of my pioneer family, the Seckners.  I have decided to divide my narrative into two sections with the story line coming to you from historically opposite directions.
  
In Section One, I will tell you of my family's 18th and 19th century lives in the Mohawk Valley of central New York.  I will take you back as far as the time of my GG-Grandfather, Johon Jacob Sickner, the first Seckner immigrant into the valley.   

In Section Two, we will begin back in 1709 during a frightful winter in the Palatine region of Germany.  From there we will follow the momentous journey of my ancestors as they made their way through Amsterdam, London, New York City, the camps on the Hudson River, the Schoharie Valley and finally into the Mohawk Valley to once again meet with my granddaddy Johon Jacob Sickner.

The tale of this journey has already been written by my GG-granddaughter, Kay Ellen Gilmour, MD. (see Palatine Books) on the front page. 

Regretfully, I must take my leave in 1899 but I will encourage my children and grandchildren to lead you forward into their 20th century lives.  

So -- let's  begin. 


No comments: